Industrial buyer (M/F) – Full time
Founded in 1976, POK® is one of Europe’s leading manufacturers of firefighting equipment. POK markets more than 300,000 products each year, nearly 60% of which are exported. Today, POK develops products and technologies for firefighters and also offers adapted solutions for various industries and many sectors of activity. POK is recognized worldwide for its know-how and the quality of its products.
Why join us? Behind the success of our company, you will find motivated teams who like to take up great challenges. Our company is committed to equality and diversity; your future colleagues come from different backgrounds because our diversity is our strength and allows us to evolve. Our teams are driven by a system of values and principles that places the customer at the center of their concerns. These customers are spread all over the world and they trust us.
We invite you to discover our universe and to join one of our teams of passionate and qualified collaborators. By joining us, you will be able to support the growth of our company, but above all learn and develop your talents.
Under the direction of the general manager, you are responsible for technical purchasing, with a view to optimizing costs, deadlines, QSE, and stocks. This is a permanent position for immediate consideration. Full time – On the Nogent-sur-Seine site.
- Collect purchase order requests from different departments and check if the information is complete.
- For each new purchase order check that the price is aligned with the objective set and update the supplier database.
- Research all suppliers on the market who are likely to meet the company’s purchasing needs and update the database.
- Prepare tenders.
- Write and negotiate contracts with suppliers.
- Carry out supplier assessment based on prices, deadlines, quality, costs, volumes. Negotiate prices and requirements to be fulfilled with suppliers.
- Enter purchase orders in the company internal software.
- Determine the terms of the order for the selected supplier and send approved purchase order to the selected supplier for validation.
- For new tools, the product read technical drawings to identify the best suppliers.
- Manage orders for tooling and samples.
- Manage purchase orders for batch manufacturing.
- Manage and organize purchase orders for subcontracted services using internal follow-up documents.
- Work closely with suppliers and freight forwarders to organise shipments of goods.
- Process non-compliance requests sent by the Quality, Safety and Environment department.
- Work with suppliers following non-compliance on products to receive credit notes.
- Manage imports.
- Work closely with suppliers and freight forwarders to organise shipments of imported goods.
- Audit and assess suppliers using the set of criteria defined by the purchasing department.
- Resolve problems affecting multiple departments.
- Optimize our pool of suppliers by diversifying or grouping purchases.
- Establish an analysis of the production price of a product and carry out a cost reduction study.
- Participate in the development of a short- and long-term procurement action plan. Anticipate the company’s needs. Establish key performance indicators to be monitored.
- Improve the purchasing processes.
Your profile :
- In-depth knowledge of procurement methodologies and all the steps of the purchasing process
- Knowledge of the different quote models
- Excellent knowledge of various negotiation methods
- Bilingual English/French
- Fluent German would advantageous
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced skills in Excel and Word
- Writing supplier contracts
- Knowledge and experience of import and associated documentation
- Good understanding of the supply chain
- Knowledge of business law
- Good time management skills
- Management skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to manage stressful situation
- Attention to details
- Strong ability to build long-term business relations
- Good listening skills
- Good analytical skills
- Organisational skills
- Good self-management skills
You are autonomous and you know how to analyze situations but also anticipate needs and problems. You have a taste for teamwork and would like to integrate a structure with an international dimension.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and claims to the following address and mention the reference POK1-ACH-AI-180102-FT: hr [at] pok-fire.com